Thursday, April 7, 2011
Hey there fabulous fellow naturals!
Today this post comes from the fabulous Chicoro many of you ladies know I am a huge fan of hers. And, for what ever reason this time around my hair journey has additional meanings. You, know..... you may have done something previously , and then find your self repeating that " Thing" but it means something more or there are additional meanings to it then the very first time........yeah, that's where I am.
Here she speaks about DFE directional friction to the hair ( who knew). In essence were speaking of friction. Friction is a type of force that resists the motion of materials sliding against each other. read further, here is what she says:
1. DFE is present on natural healthy hair.
2. It helps your hairs, align on your head in the same direction.
3. DFE helps your hair to avoid or lesson the amount of tangles you get in your hair.
4. Basically DFE helps your hair to go naturally in the same direction. Once the DFE is no longer present in your hair , your hair will tend to get tangled and matted.
HOW TO EXPERIENCE DFE IN YOUR HAIR:
Rub a hair strand from root to tip.
Rub that very same hair strand from tip to root.
The friction will be less, if you run your fingers along your hair from the scalp, which is the root to the ends, which is the tip.
The roughness you feel when rubbing against the direction of the hair cuticle, which is the tip to the root. Is the higher amount of friction of the DFE.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
1. Oil or oily substances have many benefits for natural hair.
2. It keeps the hair lubricated and reduces friction.
3. Lubrication is important because it helps hair to align in the same direction.
4. Keep your hair healthy.
5. To maintain DFE on your hair, keep hair covered in the sun.
Many thanks to the fabulous Chicoro for sharing this with the natural hair community.
This was quite interesting to know, and great points to remember. Thanks for stopping by !
And remember to stay.....Naturally Fabulous!
ENJOY & TAKE CARE !!!