BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HAVE YOU TRIED....



Hey fabulous fellow naturals,

I have been really considering adding some color to my hair lately.  I'm thinking like in a dark-soft brown family.  I haven't made up my mind if I want an all over color or just here and there if done that way mainly on top and in the front.  I have been looking at this product for quite a while now http://www.light-mountain-hair-color.com/ it states that it is henna..which if I ever color my hair henna would be the only thing I would use. Never, ever will I use chemicals in my hair ...ever again , color or nothing else ( god willing)  If I color it would definitely be done naturally.
They have some really nice colors , especially along the line of the browns I want.

Since, I'm not that experienced with henna. My question is have any.....any of you ladies tried this product or do you know of anyone who may have in fact use this product.  If so, please share your results and thoughts. Also, if any of you ladies have a site or brand of recommended henna that you have had great results with...do share.  I am , also considering butters-n-bars for their henna they have one there that also sounds like winner !http://www.butters-n-bars.com/index.html

                                                                                                   ENJOY!!!

6 comments:

CallaLily said...

Hi zainab1 - I have never dyed my hair with color. Don't know if I will ever get that itch.

I've only done the basic henna treatments. I have purchased Jamila henna from Butters N Bars and Mehandi.com. Trying to do an application once a month (I'll be doing my "June" application next week sometime - can we say LATE, lol).

Unknown said...

@Callalily..YES, I'm with you I will never color my hair either not with chemicals, ever .

If I decided to add some highlights/color it would always be done naturally, like with henna, ya know.

Thanks for sharing your experience and brand with me. Butter and bars has one "cocoa brown" That I really like...not completely sold on the idea as of yet....we will see. I will keep you posted.

Take care and thanks for responding.

Coilybella said...

Hey Zainab, I tried Henna in the past, which I got from Mehandi.com. I loved how my hair felt afterwards (thicker, shinier,softer), however, the color did not show up too much. I have heard that your hair increasingly gets lighter as you consistently apply Henna. Pls do not use chemicals. I did and I regret it. I work so hard to keep my hair moisturized, due to using chemicals.

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...Oh no! no worries , just as stated in my post I will never...ever, use ANY chemicals in my hair..LOL. If I ever try to add soft color to my hair it would be henna ..alll the way.

Thanks, so much Tinuke for sharing your helpful tips, and ideas with me...I appreciate it. And thanks for stopping by, take care.

Tiffany said...

Please keep me posted on what you decide as I am interested myself. I'm thinking about Henna too over the Winter but have yet to do the legg work on which one and how.. One of your commenters mentioned that it even softens...HELLO LUVA! I'll be waiting for an update. I think I'm all caught up now with ur posts so I wanted to also wish you well with Ramadan.

Unknown said...

@Tiffany.... I will be sure to keep you posted...I've heard great things about henna( thinking of it as well)

And, thanks so much for wishing me a well Ramadan....That's was so thoughtful, I appreciate that.

As , always thanks so much for stopping by...Take care.