BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

SILICONES, PLOYQUATS, AND SOAP...



Hey there fellow fabulous naturals,

I came across the most interesting and very informative article  on silicone's, polyquats and soap.  If, your like me always searching and looking to retain more and more info in the way of natural hair, than perhaps you will find this article as informative as I have. Below I will post the link.

http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/2009/09/silicones-polyquats-and-soap.html

                                                                                                    
After reading , come back to AuNaturale and share your thoughts on this topic?  Also, if there are any fabulous naturals who conditioner wash only w/ cones or no cones and shampoo once a month to clarify ( when and if necessary) ...please share your results...has this method worked for you?  Also , if there are fabulous naturals out there who has tried this method and it has NOT worked for you, please share.  I would looove to hear from you.

                                                                                        ENJOY!!!

                                       

8 comments:

LazyCouchPotato said...

I want to give co-washing only a fair shake, but the post I can go is 4 days without shampooing my hair. I don't use sulfates and mu shampoos are organic but I simply love the feeling of suds on my scalp and that fresh breezy feeling of a freshly washed hair too much. My hair looks pretty good, imo, and i would only trying co-washing if I felt that I could benefit from it.

Chayah said...

I mostly co wash every other day (no set days). I don't get into the cones/no cones because that just about drove me crazy (lol)i just use what works for my hair. I've cut clarifying down to once a month and this seems to work best for me. So far so good. (I occasionally use Cantu Moisturizing shampoo as well sometimes)

Unknown said...

@Vee...Thank's so very much for sharing this....I know what you mean about cones/no cones, it can get to be a bit much(lol)....I'm with you, I just do what works for my hair. Thanks for stopping by, take care.

Unknown said...

@Naturalnubian...You know.... as of now(its still fairly early, in the game)I co-washed in the very beginning of my BC , but being a new natural I didn't really know that I should shampoo at least once a month so I didn't do that. And, because of that I had the impression that my co-washes wasn't good for me and my hair.

Now that I am/hair is at a different stage of my journey and after shampooing for quite a while...now giving co washing another go ...and understanding the process this seems to be best for my hair...so far so good ...my hair and scalp is responding well. No dry feeling after this process like shampooing felt on my hair...so we will see(smiles)

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts , I appreciate it, take care.

nissi said...

this is a great article. i think when you go natural there are certain mantras that you live by because you hear it all the time. especially the part about silicones because i was told from day one not to go near them!

and i NEVER shampoo. no one should! i stay away from sulfates like the plague!

Unknown said...

@Nissi...thank you!...you know I am now really, realizing since I've decided to co-wash and no longer shampoo weekly my hair and scalp is doing a lot better and holding a lot more moisture. I will be sticking to shampooing once a month ONLY just to remove build up, and we will se how that works .

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us , take care.

NaturalReview said...

I alternate between cowashing and shampooing. It also depends on what is in my hair. If I haven't used anything, I cowash more.
I've been natural for nearly 10 years, and I have used silicones throughout that time. When I went natural, there wasn't as much of a push to stay away from them. As a few of you mentioned, I use what works for me.

Unknown said...

@NaturalReview...I agree although I've decided to stay away from cones and a few other ingredients, I do believe in doing what works best for your hair. My decision to go cone free is whats was best for my hair. And, because I don't use much product in my hair my hair is loving co-washing:0

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, take care:)