BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

ON SECOND THOUGHT...




Hello fabulous fellow naturals,

Before I start this post....is she gorgeous or what!!!!.  OK , now on to my revelation., I received my ''curls"
coconut sublime conditioner yesterday.  Let, me first say this is not an official review.  But, I just had to share my revelation with you ladies.  So, back to the curls and my thoughts so far.  It smells amaaaazing, very thick, but thus far I do not like this as a co-wash...but, It did much better as a deep conditioner w/ very low  heat from my hooded dryer.

As a co-wash it made my hair feel DRY, as some of you know this is NOT what I need right now I need moisture, moisture , moisture!....In the week prior to this I purchased some Herbal Essences hello hydration moisturizing conditioner because, I felt It was an hair emergency (lol) and I had heard , great things about this product for its moisture qualities.  I am fully aware that this product is not organic and does contain 1 cone in which I am still researching, what I've found thus far is that this particular cone isn't as bad as some , but I'm still researching...( and I plan to wash/clarify once a month). Any who.....this conditioner was amazing then annnnnd is amazing now, after trying the curls yesterday I panicked and immediately ran to my herbal essences annnnnd ladies let me tell you my hair feels FAB-U-LOUS ...very, very moisturized and soft and is looking better then it has ever looked and felt using shampoo , it feels amazing.

My thoughts are that co-washing is definitely the way I will be going for a while ( my hair is responding well)
And, guess what!?!...I realized that I got better results using a cheaper store brought product than I have ever gotten using SOME of the higher end products.  This little number may very well in fact be a staple in my regimen...this particular herbal essences does not contain protein..yay! but , there is another conditioner they have I may check to see if it contain a light protein and use it as my protein product once every 1-2 months.....once I decided to re-incorporate protein in my regimen.

As for my deep moisturizing conditioner...I have used and can use this or revisit the curls( in which I plan to do) as my deep moisturizing conditioner...but, I  may be just sticking with HE for a while for all of it... co-wash...deep moisturizing...and protein.

I will however, stick to my higher end products( if you will) Jane carters nourish & shine....uncle funkys daughter"curly magic"....knot today...and, Qhemet Biologics A&O heavy cream.  And, guess what because my hair is not as dry and hard feeling anymore...I have revisited the qhemet biologics burdock root butter creme, and it is fabulous as well!.  And, of course I will continue to use my herb infused oils...love them!

Sometimes a little change ...can make all the difference in the world!!!

                                                                                           ENJOY!!!!

6 comments:

Coilybella said...

I am so glad the HE cond works for your hair. It's is amazing how products affects everyone's hair differenttly.

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...Thanks...yes , that is so true everyones hair is different. Thanks for stopping by, take care.

Tiffany said...

hello hydration is like luv, it can leave ur hair feeling like a cloud!!

Unknown said...

@Tiffany...yes indeed!

Thanks for stopping by Tiffany, take care.

Anonymous said...

Afros are beginning to be known again.

Unknown said...

@Anonymous..Yes they are! ...I love it!:))

Thanks for stopping by, take care.