BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

O HOW I WOULD LOOOOVE TO OWN A HAIR STEAMER...



Hey there fabulous fellow naturals!

There has been all the rave about hair steamers amongst the natural hair community.  I am a true believer and can totally see how steaming your hair with your all time favorite conditioner can be very hydrating and beneficial for our kinky, coily hair. The steam from the steamer its self works like sponge.  Drawing the conditioner and all its nutrients penetrating into your hair shaft. Which is great!

  I would love to have a hair steamer of my very own , they are quite pricey anywhere from $100- $200.  The ones that are most popular are more  in the price range of $130 give or take.

Although I would like to have one I simply can't afford it right now, its just not in my budget.  So, I thought heck why not do more of a homemade (if you will) type version of a hair steamer.  I'm sure it will work wonderfully, with great benefits to our hair, and lets not forget much , much less expensive.  So, here is what I've found  take a look.   http://www.ehow.com/how_5651620_give-hair-homemade-steam-treatment.html 

TIP: I would think that a microfiber towel would be best.  But, if your like me and don't own a microfiber towel.  Try this , wet a satin bonnet first with hot water place that on your head, second wet your towel with hot water then place that on top of the satin bonnet.  Lastly, place your plastic cap on top of your towel.  And, remember to be extra careful handling the hot water.  I know this may seem like a lot of work.  But as we know regular towels are not a friend to our natural hair.  So, the one added precaution is worth it.

I plan to try this week on my next wash day.  Give it a go and feel free to lets us know here at AuNaturale your thoughts.

Thanks for reading.  And remember to stay naturally fabulous!

                                                               TAKE CARE :)

6 comments:

Coilybella said...

Wow!!! I am so going to try that. I wonder if you have to use microfiber towel. I have never heard of this before. Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

@Tinkue...I think a microfiber towel would be best or you can do as I will do because I currently dont own a microfiber towel . First wet a satin bonnet with hot water and put that on your hair first. Then wet your towel w/ hot water put that on top of the satin bonnet along w/ the plastic cap. Try that, see how it works out.

Thanks for stopping by Tinkue , take care.

Anonymous said...

good idea!

Unknown said...

@Sassncurlz...Thanks! and thanks for stopping by, take care.

Tiffany said...

hmmmm, this actually sounds like good. not sure if u ever watched videos by fabulous black woman on youtube, but she keeps a plastic cap on (to hold heat in) when she is twisting her hair. that added heat is beneficiary, this seems really similar. and u know my cheap behind is not dropping $100 on a steamer, unless i need it.

Unknown said...

@Tiffany...no I haven't, but thanks for sharing another youtube channel with me I must check her out. This method sounded easy enough and I thought it may help all of us who currently can not afford a steamer , right now ( like me, lol) but I'm hoping to get one soon, god willing.

Thanks Tiffany for stopping by, take care.