BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

DOES YOUR HAIR LIKE GLYCERIN....



Hey there fabulous naturals!

I have heard many naturals state that their tresses does not care for products with glycerin in them.  As of now I am at a cross roads with our Friend ol glycerin.  Currently I've been doing some slight experimenting on my hair (nothing to serious).  Trying to weed out ingredients that seem to make my hair react, Umm lets say.......crazy !

Now I was able to narrow my usage of proteins and which type is best for my hair.  I believe I may have come across something else my hair prefers over another ( not ready to post on that yet, the verdict is still out.  Stay tuned:)

And now Glycerin...it seems that glycerin makes my hair frizzy.  Now, that is not written in gold but It seems to be leaning in that direction...no glycerin.  I don't know , we will see.  I am very well aware that glycerin is a humectant.  And it should be used with caution based on the humidity.  But, I am not talking about that type of affect.  I am saying glycerin seems to be making my hair frizzy no matter what type of weather it is.

My question to you ladies...Are or have any of you fabulous naturals experienced this?  If so how did your hair react.  Please share.

Thanks for reading!

Take care and......

                                                                              ENJOY!!!

10 comments:

Coilybella said...

I am so glad you did this post. I stopped using glycerine as I was paranoid about the effect it would have on my hair now that it is colder. I did not use it in my mix this week, but I will try it next week and see. I am curious too to see if it agrees with my hair.

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...yes , I did the very same thing. Used my products w/ glycerin my hair was frizzy. Now, I dont mind frizzy hair here and there but this frizzy was different. Then, the next wash I didn't use my glycerin products and guess what...my hair was less frizzy a lot less frizzy. I think it may be the glycerin.

Keep me posted on your findings. Thanks for stopping by, Tinuke. Take care.

nappy headed black girl said...

My hair did very well with glycerin before when I was loose.

Now that I'm a dread, I use much more sparingly and am always sure to mix it with a carrier oil, usually olive.

It still works for but for some reason does not provide the same amount of moisture anymore.

Unknown said...

@nappy headed black girl...Thanks for sharing you experience with us with glycerin. And Thanks for stopping by, take care.

ChocolateOrchid said...

I have to be careful with glycerin by making sure there's little to no glycerin in products that I use. My hair does not do well with it. This is something that I discovered awhile ago. I haven't gone beyond using it in small amounts if any in the products that I use. I just remember my hair not liking it at all.

Unknown said...

@Chocolate Orchid...Yes, I am finding my hair deosn't like it in any amounts. Thanks CO for sharing your experience with glycerin. Thanks for stopping by, take.

NaturalReview said...

I haven't used glycerine, so I'm not sure. It seems kind of heavy, and that is usually not good for me. I am still going to give it a try just to see.

Unknown said...

@Natural Review...keep me posted on your results. Thanks a bunch for stopping by, take care.

Tiffany said...

hmmm, this is a good question. i can definitely feel if i use too much in my spritz. i will be paying more attention this winter.

Unknown said...

@Tiffany...Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us Tiffany. Take care.