BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

HER HAIR.... AND MY WISH LIST....



Hello fabulous naturals!

Can I first say her hair is F-I-R-E !!!!!!.... F-L-Y!!!!!...S-H-A-R-P!!!!.  love...love...love her hair.  There are a few products out there.  That I would like to check out.  I have heard pretty good things about these products.  Some are  stylers, some are moisturizers and some are conditioners. 

I have been doing slight comparisons on the difference in how my hair reacts between more gel like stylers and creme / butter like stylers.  Now, I am still a huge fan of uncle funkys daughter curly magic.  But, lately its been hit and miss.  Sometimes it gives me curls that I may not be looking for that day.  Since my hair has grown , my desired look has changed as well. Not, so much the little skinny type curl ( if you will) more larger fuller looks.  And, that's where the creme like stylers come in, what I've noticed is that with these type of stylers I can achieve the bigger look  after a dry twist out.

 thus far these are the creme like stylers I've used...

Miss Jessies- Quick Curls
http://www.curlmart.com/miss-jessies.html

Not enough moisture but there are ways to make up for the lack of moisture.   I will not be using this product again. Due to the second ingredient and the Hydrolyzed proteins it contains.  Lately , I've been staying away from any of the proteins with "Hydrolyzed" in front of it.  They tend to be of the stronger proteins.  And, because I have somewhat finer hair. These type of proteins are to strong for my hair and tends to dry it out over time.  The other ingredients don't seem to be that bad, except the second igredient is another name for mineral oil, and they are:

Ingredients

Water, parafffinum liquidum, VP/DMAPA acrylates copolymer, polyquaternium-37, cyclopentasiloxane, grape seed extract, nettle extract, alfalfa extract, betula alba leaf extract, lavender extract, borago officinalis extract, fennel fruit extract, ginger root extract, laminum album flower extract, chestnut extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, sunflower seed extract, matricaria flower extract, linseed seed extract, rosa gallica flower extract, silybum marianum extract, viola tricolor extract, punica granatum extract, honeysuckle flower extract, bergamont fruit extract, apricot kernel extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, fragrance, polyquaternium-11, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, cyclohexasiloxane, PPG-5-ceteth-20, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-10, propylene glycol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, disodium EDTA, PPG-1-trideceth-6, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, yellow 10, green 5 .

Afro Veda "Pur whipped Gelly"

I am not a big fan of  Afro Veda's products at all.  They just don't seem to work for my hair.  Now, my youngest natural in the house.  Her hair loves 3 of their butters.  The pur whipped gelly, didn't do much for my hair right along with the rest of the items I purchased a while ago ( way before the change in price).  It left my hair feeling moisturized the first day.  But, days following it became quite dry.  Will I repurchase this or any item from Afro Veda ...no.

Ingredients:

Aloe Vera, Whole leaf gel, Coconut oil, Almond oil, Herbal oil complex, Vanilla Essential Oil.

Products I plan to try: (God willing)

OYIN HANDMADE

Whipped pudding
Shine & Define
Burnt Sugar hair pomade
Honey Hemp Conditioner
http://oyinhandmade.com/

BEE MINE

Bee Lovely Moisturizing Daily Conditioner
Bee Hold Curly Butter ( Just ordered, Stay tuned for review in a few weeks)
Dejas Hair Milk
Bee.u.ti.ful moisturizing deep conditioner
http://beemineproducts.com/

MY HONEY CHILD

Olive You Deep Conditioner
http://www.myhoneychild.com/home

Donna Marie

Dream Curling Creme
Super Buttercreme
http://www.shopdonnamarie.com/

This list is quite long...I know. And the list above is in no particular order as to which I would like to try first.  I plan to try  fitting these items in where my budget allows.  If any of you ladies have tried any of the products mentioned above.  Please share your thoughts and or results.

Thanks for reading!:)

Take care and....

                                                                                                  ENJOY!!!

10 comments:

Coilybella said...

Hey Zainab, I am loving that hair as well.It is FIERCE!!

I have used all the Oyin Products you listed.

Whipped Pudding is the business. It is similar to QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream but not as heavy.

Burnt Sugar Pomade makes a great sealant and boy! it really makes your hair shiny.Smells yummy too!!

Honey Hemp:I was not so crazy about it. It had no slip for my hair.

Shine and Define: Honestly, I thought it was a waste of money buying this one. It is good for sleeking your hair back, which I really never do.

Remember, what did not work for one coily may work for another one

Chayah said...

Her hair is definitely the bizness!!

Anonymous said...

That is one extensive list of products miss! I'm not mad at you though - you do what works! :o)

My best, Lynn

Unknown said...

@Vee...yes it is!:)) Thanks for stopping by vee, take care.

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...Wow, thanks so very much for your helpful and honest feed back! This was right on time :))

And yes I am in looove with her hair, fabulous!

Thanks Tinuke for stopping by I appreciate it, take care.

Unknown said...

@Lynn...LOL, Iam positive this list will take me through the year to get. You know some here some there. Taking my time, no rush here:))

Thanks so very much lynn for stopping by, stop by often. Take care.

Tiffany said...

I have tried the burnt sugar from oyin and it heavily sweetly scented but you get used to it. I luv the PJ in you, helps before I spend. Plus u have a few daughters to use it on, stuff lasts foreva round these parts. I can't wait to hear about the pudding!

Unknown said...

@Tiffany...So true indeed There are lots of the products I use my daughters use as well. Then there are those products that my hair may not like, but my daughters hair may love. So, the PJ in me works out, lol. It will get used one way or the other.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on oyin, that helps a lot. I will keep you post.

Thanks for stopping by Tiffany, take care.

Onyx Rose said...

I used to want to try Afroveda products soo bad, but since she's increased the prices dramatically my desire to buy her stuff has decreased dramatically, lol. I hope you're able to try the Oyin Handmade and Bee Mine. I've heard nothing but great things about these lines.

Unknown said...

@Onyx Rose...I have heard great things about bee mine and oyin as well. I have tried the bee mine curly butter ( review coming soon)

Thanks a bunch onyx rose for stopping by, stop by often. Take care.