BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

RAISING NATURAL DAUGHTERS...



Heeey  fabulous naturals!

I think for those of us who choose to raise our daughters as naturals is such a great thing.  As I watch my oldest daughter in excitement as she takes stock of how well her hair is doing since making the decision to embrace natural hair is wonderful.  I have seen her really put an effort in little things that are very important in keeping our hair healthy.  Like, making sure each and every time she rest her head down for what ever reason she makes sure she ties her head up with her satin bonnet. 

She has been taking swimming classes and I have stressed the importance of washing her hair on those days she's been swimming.  To be sure to get the chlorine out, because its not good to or for our hair.  I am now in the stages of teaching both of my oldest girls ( particularly the oldest, because she understands a little more) about the importance of knowing what we are putting into our hair.

I came across a article about raising natural daughters.  Below I will  gladly post the link.

http://newnaturalista.com/2010/family/raising-natural-daughters/

Enjoy and stay naturally fabulous!

                                                                           TAKE CARE ! :)

2 comments:

Coilybella said...

Great and important post. Mine is only 21 months old but I plan on keeping her hair natural till she is old enough to decide if she wants to keep her hair natural or not. Hopefully,she will embrace and love her natural beauty.

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...Thanks , I agree with you totally. I hope my girls will learn to continue on and on with their natural self.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by Tinuke, take care:)