BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

SHE DID IT...MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER BIG CHOPPED, TODAY....


Hello my fabulous fellow naturals!

I am super excited today and happy to report.  My oldest daughter who is 13 did it! she took the plunge and BIG CHOPPED TODAY!!!!!!!, YEAH!!!!!!.  She is beyond super excited and you guys know mom's in proud.  She is truly blossoming into her own.  Not being bogged down by what others think of her is such a wonderful thing ( but I must add truthfully she has always been this way :) Initially she started out as a transitioner but then it was this...

The weekends are her wash days , unless its needed before hand like swimming class, etc.  She is washing her hair and turned to me and said "mom I'm ready" I say " ready for what" she says "ready to do my big chop".  Silently, to my self I am doing a serious happy dance , and so excited I began to talk super fast , lol.  Went to get the scissors and she sat there like a champ.  You here me.... like a champ, held the bag as I began to chop...chop..chop.  Smiling she looked up and said , this is so cool. And let me say it ...looks...so...cuuuuuuute !!!  She has a pretty natural brownish reddish hair color when she was much younger my customers would always compliment her on how pretty the color of her has is.  I use to tell her women are in the stores daily buying hair color to get the color she has naturally :) So, my household now has an added date of celebration on the calender, October 31, 2010  welcoming another fabulous natural :)))))))))))))))) As some of you may know my family and myself are Muslims , which means that the females adorn ourselves with head coverings when going outside of the home..  This includes my 3 daughters as well.  So, I must admit it makes it a bit easier for her, that only family can see her hair.  As we know short hair could be looked at as funny to some children and some children can be very mean.  So, the fact that no one outside of family in our home only will be able to view her with her beautiful knew found glory.  Also,  The fact that its the day Halloween is celebrated , doesn't mean anything to us because we do not recognize nor celebrate Halloween.

Until , next time ...

Stay naturally fabulous and
                                              TAKE CARE :)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! now where are the pics? lol

Unknown said...

@Alana..She and I say thank you! :)
as far as pictures myself and my entire family ( daughters included) are muslims so the muslim women do not show our hair. Only uncovered at home around family. But, believe me Alana it is so cute:)

Thanks so very much Alana for stopping by and showing your support :) Take care.

Tiffany said...

I'm cheesing for her! Definitely cause for celebration.

Unknown said...

@Tiffany...yes it is! :)

Thanks tiffany for stopping by and showing support. Take care.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Awwww...
Congrats to your daughter!!

Coilybella said...

awwww. Congrats to your daughter. I am sure she looks absolutely beautiful. I love her spirit.

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...Thanks Tinuke ! She looks beautiful, just as you've stated. Thanks for stopping by Tinuke and showing your support , take care :)

Unknown said...

@Chocolate Orchid, Thanks co ! and thanks a bunch for stopping by and showing your support, take care.

Atiya_BK_Chick said...

Congrats!! I know you are one proud mama! Seems like you've done well in helping her to realize her natural beauty. :)

Unknown said...

@NaturalBlackOne...Why thank you ! so nice of you to say :) I am super proud:)

Thanks so much for stopping by Naturalblackone and showing your support, my daughter and myself appreciate it. Take care.

CallaLily said...

Congrats! :-)

Unknown said...

@Callalily..Thanks! :), Thanks for stopping by Callalily and showing your support. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter! It's a big step for a young woman to go against the grain and cut her hair to go natural. Good for her!

NaturalReview said...

That is awesome. I think it's great that she feels confident enough to be herself at such a young age. I wish I would have went natural when I was 13. That was when I first remember wanting to. A big Congratulations!! to her.

Unknown said...

@Naturalreview...Thanks! I'm just as excitied as she is ( if not more, lol)

Thanks naturalreview for stopping by and showing support, take care.

Unknown said...

@theaccidentalnatural...Thanks ! yes I agree. I am super happy for her what a special step :)

Thanks accidentalnatural for stopping by and showing your support, take care.

Shawnystheone said...

Oh wow, soooo cool and I'm super excited for her! Tell her congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

@Shawnystheone...Big thanks to you from both my daughter and myself.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by and showing your support, take care.

nappy headed black girl said...

Yay! Tell her that mommy's e-sisters are very proud of her :-)

Unknown said...

@nappy headed black girl...Thanks! and thanks NHB for stopping by and showing her your support. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I
never found any interesting article like yours.

It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content
as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever
before.

my web-site; video marketing tips

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you! and thanks for stopping by.