BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 4, 2010

SKIN CARE TIPS FOR DRY SKIN...



Hello fabulous naturals!

As the winter is approaching us quickly, some may suffer from a bout of dry skin.  I have dryer skin on my hands , etc.  While my face can be a bit more oily.  I have declared this winter to be winter of learning to appreciate my body and take super care of it from inside out.  I plan to pamper myself more than often, beginning now:).  With that comes taking great care of my skin.  The number 1 rule to healthy skin is ...WATER, and plenty of it.

So my pampering will begin with lots and lots of water. Lets not stop there if you are like myself and suffer from dry skin from time to time you must figure out the source.  Normally dry skin is a result of low oil and moisture which is produced by sebaceous glands present in our skin.  Dry skin can also be a direct result of genetics, diet, nutritional deficiencies, environmental factors and utilization of excess of chemicals and cosmetics and also the use of harsh soaps on skin.  The best part of  pampering is all of the great homemade recipes you can have the joy of making.  I plan to add more pedicures, and more manicures, plenty of facials and lots and lots of long relaxing bath with plenty of smell goods , herbs , rose petals what ever I like:)

As you all know I am a huge ...I mean huge fan of making homemade products.  To go along with those great manicures, and or pedicures this winter why not try a few of your natural oils.   Rose or Chamomile oil mixed with a little avocado or even evening primrose oil, sounds great.  Rub this little number into your skin and it will help your hands and skin look and feel lovely.

But most of all remember WATER...WATER...WATER just as our hair loooves water so does our skin dry or oily , your skin will love you for it.  I guarantee it!

                                                                                       ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

BreukelensFinest said...

a MUCH needed post! i was preparing my hair regimen for winter but i never thought to figure out wut in the world im doing with my hair. thanks for another great post!!

missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

Coilybella said...

Hey Zainab, Great Post!
I agree with you about drinking water. I would love to see some of your facial recipes!!

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...YES WATER...WATER...WATER IS THE BEST THING EVER FOR SKIN , HAIR, EVERYTHING. I am currently trying to PUT A GREAT EASY RECIPE TOGETHER FOR FACIALS, I WILL BE SURE TO SHARE IT/ POST IT ONCE I'M DONE, GOD WILLING.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TINUKE, TAKE CARE:)

Unknown said...

@BruklensFinest...you are quite welcome...be on the look out for some facial recipes, as soon as I put them together and put them to the test :)

Thanks a bunch for stopping by, BF, take care:)