BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 25, 2010

UPDATE....UPDATE...UPDATE...





Heeey fabulous naturals!


FYI, for those of you who may be interested.  The results are in ,, A few posts back I did a post on a few great benefits of using bentonite clay.  I then realized ( with the help of another fabulous natural) that I didn't pH test the bentonite ....ever ! .  Once, realizing this I gasp and immediately test the pH of bentonite mixed with just water.  It came back a pH of 9 :((( to alkaline for our hair.


Knowing from prior experience that Aloe juice has the tendency to lower The pH in many of our hair products ( this is sheerly from my own personal experience, some may not feel this way.).  Once, I received more Aloe juice.  BTW, I love, love, love this stuff can't live without it  I add aloe juice into many, many of my products where needed. I mixed a bit of the benotine clay with aloe juice ONLY no water. Re did the pH And what do you know it came back as a much improved pH of 7 which is still in the safe pH range for our hair.


I have said this before and will say it again.  Although the pH is 7 I really strive to use products that are in range closer to the hairs natural pH which is 4.5-5.5.  I find much, much better results... my hair cuticles are much smoother, it seems to hold moisture better and my hair has much better shine.  Since I do not use the Bentonite clay often only 1x monthly or even depending on how much product I've used I have gone as long as 1-1 1/2 months.  So now when I mix my Benotine clay I plan to use Aloe Juice and Aloe Juice only ( maybe a bit of oil).


  Some naturals are not that into pH levels and that's fine.  For myself personally I have found that it has helped me tremendously in weeding out products that are to alkaline for my hair.  And finding out why my hair may feel the way it does when using certain products.  So in all ,I just wanted to share what I've found on the pH of the bentonite clay with you ladies. And, remember it is a clarifies  our hair AND scalp, so if some of you ladies use it and your hair may feel a bit different that is why.  Bentonite clay is to be used to clarify and using Aloe juice, and maybe a bit of oil.  May just help in keeping some of the moisture in our hair :)


Thanks a bunch for reading!  Until next time....


Stay naturally fabulous and


                                 TAKE CARE ! :)

7 comments:

NaturalReview said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I never think to check the pH in my products. Your posts are always so informative.

Unknown said...

@NaturalReview... You are quite welcome! Thanks for stopping by Natural Review. Take care.

Natasha said...

You're blowing my mind right now. I never thought about pH levels for hair care products...ever!

I'm turning over a new leaf into herbology and pharmacology when it comes to personal care for our community and ideas like this fascinate me. Thank you!

As a new blog reader, I look forward to reading more of your posts over time!

Unknown said...

@Natasha...I am so glad you enjoyed this post. Thank you so much Natasha for following AuNaturale and welcome aboard!

Thanks for stopping by , do visit often. Take care.

Atiya_BK_Chick said...

I have a jar right now that I have used on my face with excellent results, but not on my hair. Thanks so much for letting me know about this. When I finally try it, I'll be sure to use aloe and some oil. Thanks!!

Unknown said...

@naturalblackone...You are quite welcome. I also use it for my face from time to time with excellent results. I also love it for my hair with the added aloe & oil. Thanks for stopping by natural black one and sharing your thoughts. Take care.

Natasha said...

@zainab1 Already added you to my feed reader! Thanks for the reply!