BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DOES YOUR LOVED ONES SUPPORT YOUR NATURAL HAIR JOURNEY ?



Hey there fabulous fellow naturals!

It's always great to have the love and support of family and friends no matter what it may be.  As we know every ones experience is and will be one of there very own.  Right along with the fact that every one is and will not be receptive of your natural hair journey.  There are loads of individuals who just can not for the life of them figure out why in the world, you may want to rock a Cesar or rock that fabulous big fro.  When in there eyes they feel its just way to many other alternatives , hair weaves, relaxers, etc.

What I would say to those people who feel this way would be  "to each its own".  Been there done that and that's simply a place I choose not to revisit.  Life, is solely based on the choices we make as individuals and I choose to rock with the fro, I choose to rock it naturally. 

So, ladies how does your loved ones , family, bestie, husband, children, co-workers, neighbors whomever how do they show their support to you while on the journey to naturally healthy hair ?

Until next time, remember to stay naturally fabulous!

                                                  TAKE CARE :)

8 comments:

vonnie said...

they love it....my mom went natural too because she loved my hair so much :) Biggest cheerleader....2 cousins went natural and now my best friend is too.

Unknown said...

@Vonnie...thats great! :). Thanks a bunch fo stopping by and sharing that with us vonnie, take care.

Coilybella said...

My husband was the one that encouraged me to go natural. He is sooooooooooooooooooo supportive, can't say that about others in my life, but I really don't care about what they think

Unknown said...

@Tinuke, Thats wonderful! its always nice to have a supportive husband.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing that with us Tinkue, take care.

Atiya_BK_Chick said...

Ok so I'm a little late... But a person I respected told me I needed a perm and asked me how I comb my hair (with a bewildered look on her face. LOL), some others felt I was trying to make some kind of statement, but the rest have been great-even if they don't want to be natural themselves. And my best friend just did her big chop last month!! I'm sooo happy for her!!

Unknown said...

@Naturalblackone...*sigh* the nerve of some people, I tell ya.

But, I am thrilled to hear that your friend big chopped. That is exciting! I wish her well on her journey. Thanks a bunch for stopping by naturalblackone and sharing this with us. take care.

Tiffany said...

First I want to say my fam is GHETTO. And only one cousin keeps giving my hair the stink eye, and I just keep smiling. I make sure it's extra BIGG when I know I'm gonna see her. LOL. My family knows I'm a green tree hugging earth shoe wearing luvable fool :)

Unknown said...

@Tiffany...lol...lol...lol! girl you are a nut in a good laughter type of way. I love hearing from you I know for sure to get a good laugh. And we all need laughter :)

Thanks for stopping by Tiffany, its always a pleasure :) take care.