BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 5, 2010

MY THOUGHTS ON .....



Hey there fabulous naturals!

I had such a great wash day yesterday ! I am super excited, so excited I just had to share now.  Here is what made my wash day fabulous.   Honeychilds "Olive you deep conditioner" ,The thermal turban heat wrap, and the kiss my face upper management gel.  This may be a pretty long review so bare with me :)  so lets begin...

Honey child's Olive you conditioner-  Here is what she Say's:

The Olive You Deep Conditioner is a triple strength conditioner to rebuild damaged, weak hair. OLIVE YOU! DEEP CONDITIONER has soya milk with minerals and amino acids to help rebuild your hair, seaweed to soften and oils to increase strength. Scoop out a handful and plaster it over badly ruined hair. Leave on for 45 minutes and rinse with cool water. Your hair will OLIVE YOU!

Ingredients:

Distilled Water, Olive Butter ,Olive Fruit Oil, Honey, Olive Leaf Extract, Soya Milk, Natural Yogurt Powder, Olive Oil , Avocado Oil , Seaweed, Jojoba Oil , Violet Leaf Absolute, Orange Blossom Absolute , Neroli Oil .

My thoughts:

OMGGGGG  :))))))))))   I Loooooove this conditioner !!!!! . Ladies, I have been natural for 1 yr and 6 months and have used many deep conditioners to name a few Aubrey's organics, curls coconut sublime, curls curl Ecstasy ( in which I still love and use and plan on continuing to use for protein, etc), Jessi curl weekly deep conditioner.  And in my sheer opinion the olive you conditioner is the very best by far...by far excellent !!!!.  I have 3b hair which is very temperamental and particular.  Which is why it often doesn't take me long to use a product  many times to know whether my hair likes it or hates it.  This stuff is on point I washed , oil rinsed, and then it was time for this fabulous deep conditioner.  It is pH balanced at a pH of 4 ( love that !) It has a light pleasant smell, but the texture is not thick like the other conditioners mentioned above , which I thought was going to be a problem.  Because I like my conditioners thick, But I said oh zainab don't throw in the towel yet.  Its almost like a lotion type   It goes on super smooth , with great, great slip.  I used my thermal wrap (review on that at the bottom)  left the conditioner on for about 45 minutes.  Rinsed... my hair felt great! it had a ton , a ton of curl definition, now this was only after I rinsed no product at all.  Super, super moisturized and shine out of this world.  And , guess what ? It still has the very same today , soft as I don't know what, the shine is incredible, the curls are popping and it has even made my hair look a lot fuller .  My hair is looking great! and moisturized ...did I say moisturized, sorry guys I just had to sat that again (lol.) 

I  ordered the 4oz size, just in case I didn't like it.  And I plan to order the larger size ASAP.  Now only one problem , honey is the 4th ingredient on the list :(   My hair hates glycerin, but looooves honey.  My concern is the colder months using honey because as we know its a humectant.  So, I am going to make note as to how my hair reacts to this product for the next few weeks in relation to the honey being in the product.  If I find that it is in fact having a negative affect on my hair.  I will surely , be using it in the warmer months.  Hands down best darn conditioner I've used thus far.

Hair Therapy Wrap

They say:

ReVitalize dry and damaged hair, recapturing your hair & scalps natural balance. The way nature intended it to be!  The hair therapy wrap applies gentle heat for up to 30 minutes encouraging the conditioner to penetrate hair follicles.

My thoughts:

I love this !  It is super convenient , provides just the right amount of heat to your liking.  But, you must make sure not to over heat and follow the suggested instructions as to the amount of time to heat.  Simply put the entire heat cap with the gel packs already installed into your microwave. for maybe 60 seconds or so.  Take note of how long it takes for you to reach the amount of heat to your liking, so that you know exactly how long to set the micro for next time.  place your plastic cap on your head and on top of that place your heat wrap! a great, great edition to my collection of my hair care items.  And, ever so grateful to have it.

Kiss my face upper management gel:

They say :

Obsessively Organic
Medium Hold
Aromatherapeutic
NO SLS or Parabens
 Certified Organic Botanicals
pH Balanced
100 % Biodegradable

Ingredients:

Certified Organic Aqua of Urtica dioica, Calendula officinalis & Anathemas nobilis, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid derived) , Faex, Panthenol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citrus grandis.
This product contains no animal ingredients, no artificial colors and was not tested on animals.

My thoughts:


Another great one !  I love, love, love this product also. It pH tested at a pH of 5 which is great. This gel does have panthenol in it which is humectant for those of you concerned with the colder weather and using humectants like I am.  But, it is pretty far down on the ingredients list, so for my hair I don't think it will be a problem.  But, I will be watching.  My hair is soft and not crunshy at all .  My curls are well defined and not extra frizzy.  It is a softer holding gel . In which I really like and don't mind because I like for my hair to be touchable, not hard feeling. And, thus far it gives me second day hair and I hoping for 3rd and maybe even 4 we will see.  It is in the running with my curly magic I must admit.  Its a whole lot cheaper than curly magic.  And, the ingredients in my opinion are just as good.  And, my hair likes it...it likes it a lot.  Would I by this again...Most definitely, yes.  I plan to do so once this bottle is gone. :)

Olive you conditioner- http://www.myhoneychild.com/home
                                   http://www.curlmart.com/

Heat Therapy Wrap- http://www.hairtherapywrap.com/index.php
                                   http://www.curlmart.com/Hair-Therapy-Wrap-p-1-c-190.html

Kiss my Face Upper management gel- http://www.iherb.com/Kiss-My-Face-OHC-Upper-Management-Styling-Gel-Grapefruit-8-fl-oz-236-ml/8272?at=0


There you have it ! my new found BFF's and I am super , super happy with every last one of them :)

Thanks for reading.  And remember, stay naturally fabulous! .  Until next time...

                                                             TAKE CARE :)

5 comments:

Shawnystheone said...

Yes , yes that Olive you Conditioner is indeed yummy and it makes my hair sing with my steamer!!!


I had a question , Im in NJ , essex county to be exact!!

Unknown said...

@Shawnystheone...Yes indeed! I love it ! its my new bff (lol)
Thanks for stopping by shawny, take care.

nappy headed black girl said...

A cordless, gel hair wrapper...why didn't I think of this? lol

Zainab, as usual, I've learned something new on your blog. I've never heard of this hair therapy wrap but I was actually planning on purchasing a steamer this weekend.

This sounds much more convenient...and way cheaper!

My one concern: do you know where new gel packs can be purchased when needed? I didn't see any on the site.

Unknown said...

@nappy headed black girl... lol..I love it! I was thinking about a steamer as well once, but its just not in my budget right now :(

Great question about the gel packs I never thought about that. I contacted the company and I am waiting for a response, As soon as I hear from them I will be sure to one post on my blog or two A follow up response here on the post in the comment section. Stay tuned.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by, NHBG. tAKE CARE.

Unknown said...

@Nappy headed black girl...I did in fact contact the company, and they did respond in relation to the gel packs for the heat therapy wrap , saying that they last for many, years. So, I'm guessing that there is no need to replace them , I dont know. But, if I find out more I will be sure to let you know. Take care.