BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 12, 2010

MSM VS SULFUR....



Hello fabulous fellow naturals!

Shortly after doing my big chop I began to about MSM and Sulfur used in hair products.  Even today I still hear lots about these ingredients being used in many natural hair products.  So, I decided to some research of my very own.  And here is a little of what I've found from a site called Dherbs.com :

 There's a serious misunderstanding amongst people pertaining to sulfur and Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane sulfur, also known as MSM sulfur. We receive a lot of inquiries here at Dherbs.com on the concerns of MSM sulfur due to people confusing MSM sulfur with so-called regular sulfur and the two are not remotely the same substance. Not at all! There's a very big difference between MSM sulfur and sulfur.

While they are both sulfur, their forms are different. MSM sulfur can be regarded as organic sulfur and thus 100% safe. This kind of sulfur can be safely and efficiently digested, absorbed, and assimilated by the human body.

Regular sulfur, also known as sulfur oxide and processed into sulfuric acid, is inorganic sulfur and is toxic and poisonous to the human body. This kind of sulfur cannot be digested, absorbed, and assimilated by the human body.

This is the kind of sulfur (as sulfuric acid) doctors used to prescribe to people back in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s that caused many adverse reactions, especially to people's skin. This kind of sulfur caused severe adverse skin reactions when applied to the external skin because the skin, as the body's largest organ of elimination, attempted to excrete the poisonous sulfur from the blood and since the skin is closest to the blood, the Body Intelligence usually chose the skin to eliminate the toxic substance. The skin was chosen over the other eliminative channels because sulfuric acid is actually dangerous inside the body, actually being fatal.

Take a look here http://www.dherbs.com/articles/msm-sulfur-vs-sulfur-393.html  to read more.  It's very interesting.

Until next time, remember to stay naturally fabulous!

                                                                        TAKE CARE :)

4 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Great info! I had no idea. Thanks for posting this.

zainab1 said...

@Chocolate Orchid..you are quite welcome! Thanks for stopping by CO, take care.

Tiffany said...

first thing that came to mind was sulfur 8. yellow label from back in the day.

zainab1 said...

@Tiffany...lol, right? oh how I remember that horrible smell, lol.

Thanks for stopping by Tiffany, take care.