BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

WHAT IS THE WORST NATURAL HAIR PRODUCT COMPANY YOU'VE EXPERIENCED, AND ARE YOU TRUTHFUL ABOUT IT ?



Hello there fabulous fellow naturals!

I know this may be a unfair question to some. And then there may be a few who may feel uncomfortable sharing there feelings on this topic, and that's fine.  But, the very truth of the matter is that they do exist.  You have good and bad in everything, but then there is horrible..or I will never, ever....ever, ever, EVER buy from that company again.  I have brought from natural hair companies and have had exceptional results , customer service was great, shipping price was great and reasonable, and shipment arrival was great.  But, then I've had experiences with natural hair companies where their product was horrible, there customer service was horrible.  You send them email after email after email about a product you've received or haven't received and it takes for ever to get a response, if any at all.  The shipping price is ridiculous, and the arrival time has a lot to be desired.

Personally, I have had these types experiences  one would be Afroveda , this was before her price change.  So my problem with her is not that she changed her prices.  My problem with her was that she lied and told me different about a product I purchased after I emailed her the information I needed to know, for me to finally receive it and find the total opposite of what she told me.   I have even kept the responding email from her as a reminder to myself as to why I will never give her my business again.  Then , I was told my shipment had in fact shipped..... to email them once again, and be told it had  in fact NOT shipped.  Worst experience ever #1



I feel that its important in some cases to let these things be known.  It hopes of helping other fellow naturals.  Its great and all to let the greatness of a product be known, as we often share our favorite products, our favorite site or sites to order from .  But its equally important to let it be known which companies are not as professional, with horrible customer service as well.   Although, I do know.... understand.... and fully realize that my experience will and have not been everyone else's.

So ladies, share with us here at AuNaturale which natural hair company you may have had a horrible experience with and will never purchase from them again. 

Thanks for reading and remember ladies stay naturally fabulous!

                                                               TAKE CARE :)

6 comments:

Natasha -- MyDreadlocks said...

Hmm, I have a lot of patience for one-person and family-owned shops. The vast majority are run by POC women and it's no small feat to have the gumption to get in the hair care game.

No one starts a business to suck at it :lol: but, having had gone through one situation, it really sucks as a consumer.

We too are often POC and collecting our coins together in a leap of faith only to be disappointment by either quality or customer service feels like a slap in the face.

So what's the solution? Shout out the great products with the power of word of mouth. That's easy.

The hard part? Help the mediocre products with critical suggestions that you believe will help them grow, then ask for a reorder incentive (like a coupon) that you can use with a group of friends in 3-6 months time. New formulations can take that long to come around.

I'd walk away and wash my hands of any products with formulations, prices and people I can't get along with even after my best Canadian efforts. A potential client shouldn't have to work that hard to give a company business.

And while I've seen the online flack from the Afroveda example, I've not experienced anything similar to that online or offline.

This lengthy rose-colored glasses moment has been brought to you by over a decade worth of PJism :lol:

Unknown said...

@natasha- my dreadlocks...Great idea @ offering suggestions and a reorder incentive to use with a group of friends. I must agree with you I to have a certain amount of patience for a one person and family owned shops. But, what I do not have patience for what so ever is to down right lie. Its easier to simply say I dont know. Buy being honest and saying that then you may have a chance at keeping that customer.


Thanks for stopping by natasha, take care.

Tester said...

I used to want to order from Afroveda SO badly...especially before the price change. Her products seemed promising and more than reasonably priced. But after the price change and some other things I've heard about this company, I have no desire to buy from her anymore. I haven't really had a negative experience with a natural hair company...yet. I plan on really buying some products online around Christmas time, so we'll see how that goes. How did you like the Afroveda products though?

Unknown said...

@Onyx rose...Honestly, I did not like her products not for my hair. which was the shea amla, totally twisted ginger, and the pur whipped gelly. Now on my youngest daughters hair, the totally twisted ginger worked great..her hair did really well with that product. hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by onyx rose..take care.

Coilybella said...

I have to honestly say that I have not really had a bad experience with my online purchases. I am not a product Junkie and really do not buy a lot of products, maybe that's why. But Thanks for sharing about Afroveda, I will keep that in mind if I ever develop any interest to order from the website.
Take care,

Tinuke

Unknown said...

@Tinuke...I dont buy a lot of products either, but there had been a few I wanted to try after hearing great things. Some turned out to be great! and some turned out to be not so great:(

Thanks for stopping by Tinuke, take care.